I was in Salt Lake, Sector 1 (in Kolkata) for an important meeting on Monday 2026-08-10 evening at a place where parking a car is almost impossible. I had to travel by My WB38A0582, my trusted 35 years old LML Vespa scooter.
It started raining heavily, as if the sky was falling apart from around 8 pm. By the time the meeting ended at 9 pm, roads were waterlogged even while it kept raining relentlessly. I started getting nervous, fearing that the water level on the roads would rise further. I wasn't sure if my loyal faithful would start at all. I wasn't even carrying ia raincoat because it was bright and sunny when I left home late in the afternoon.
While most people on the roads were pushing their stalled vehicles, I decided to try my luck. I wrapped my mobile handset and purse in plastic and kept the packet in the spacious gloves box. My LML Vespa started after the very 1st coordinated kick. I glided through the waterlogged roads of Salt Lake in 2nd/ 3rd gear without a hitch. Most two wheelers and four wheelers which did crank after getting stalled were belching white smoke from the exhaust like mad.
At two locations, the water level rose upto the footboard, however, my trusted faithful kept moving.
I reached reached home at 9.30 pm thoroughly drenched.
Clueless people pass verdicts that vehicles pollute after 10/ 15 years. It totally depends NOT on the age of a vehicle but on how you take care of it and handle it, similar to how you take care of your own health.
People at 16 or 26 are passing away after cardiac arrest, while people at 76 are living strong and are our hopes for a viksit Bharat. Just because senior citizens will invariably pass away within within the next couple of years, maybe 2 yrs or 20 - 30 or 40 yrs, doesn't mean that someone else is going to dictate whether he/ she should walk out of home or not!
Personal vehicles are as emotional as our parents or children. Most people like me will become mental wrecks without our vehicles and/ or dear ones. Nobody can make ME a mental wreck after 49 years of misrule in this wretched state which has wrecked me financially 😢😢😢
The atteched photos were clicked even before I unlocked the collapsible gates after reaching the safety of my home.





No comments:
Post a Comment