Thursday 18 September 2014

1969 North India drive in a Standard10 car with Baba Ma

In 1969 (hopefully, I'm getting the year right), when I was barely 7 years old, my parents took me out on a 3000+ kms drive from my hometown Barakar (near Asansol) to Allahabad, Agra, Faridabad, N.Delhi, Haridwar, DehraDun, Mussoorie, Nainital, Lucknow, Varanasi and back to Barakar in September/ October (during the Durga Puja vacation) in this miniature Standard 10 car that you get to see in the pic.
There was no Golden Quadrilateral and NH2 (popularly, known as the GT Road) had more potholes than bitumen on the road surface. I fail to fathom how 5 adults and 2 kids including my younger brother and me fitted into this matchbox
Thank you baba and ma for making me the Indian Roadie that I am today and for whatever professional success I've achieved in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment