Sunday 1 November 2020

Maruti Zen Estilo and Maruti Alto blocked ingress and engress to and from my house on 2020-10-29 at 2.45 pm



The Dutta brothers (Amiya and Arun) of Beliaghata, Kolkata had been purposely parking their cars WB06H1392 (Zen Estilo) and WB02Z3679 (Alto) in such a way that ingress and engress to and from my house was jeopardized. Their house situated at a T-junction is just two buildings away from our house. 
Prior to January - February 2020, it was only the blue Alto which the younger brother Arun Dutta used to park where the Zen Estilo can be spotted in the attached videos. Ingress and engress was extremely challenging because the Alto used to be parked at the T junction in spite of the family owning a covered underground garage of their new house which they completed building around 2016-2017. 
The running board on both sides of my VW Vento sedan has been severely damaged because of the stubborn act of the Dutta brothers. The alloy wheels of my car have deep scratches and the VW logo on the hub of an alloy was lost.  All this damage happened after my car grazed the stone cladding on the roadside quite a few times. 
For atleast 2.5 years or more prior to the onset of the pandemic and the subsequent lockdown w.e.f 2020-03-23, I have politely requested them a couple of times to keep the blue car in the garage or elsewhere. My requests fell on deaf ears. 
The elder brother Amiya Dutta bought the pre-owned Zen Estilo around January or February 2020. 
From the first week of July 2020, the brothers started keeping both the cars outside on the road. They even incited the owner-driver of a white App Cab to park his Maruti Dzire diagonally opposite my house on the narrow road. 

On 2020-10-29 at 2.45 pm, I (Deep Banerjee) tried to take my VW Vento out, first time after 2020-03-23, i.e. after start of lockdown in West Bengal. I was driving to the car workshop because the reverse gear of my car was not engaging.  
I got stuck because there was no way I could have taken my car out. 
It took Arun Dutta over 2 minutes to respond to my continuous honking. His reply standing on the upper floor terrace was "horn dilei gaari shore jaabe na" (my car is not going to move automatically by your continuous honking). I could drive my car out only after he came down a few minutes later and backed up the Zen Estilo. 
Friends, imagine yourself in my place and tell me honestly if any of you'll would have tolerated this stubborn nonsense of a neighbour. Would any of you'll have tolerated the damage of your own car because of no fault of yours! 
What's even more scary is that in the event of exigencies or an emergency, the irresponsible act of the Duttas who are totally bereft of any civic sense can turn out to be fatal for me or my dear ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment