Tuesday 17 March 2020

If I were to drive to Puri, the must do, must see, must visit




If I decide on driving Kolkata to Puri anytime in March, April, May, June 2020, I will stay in an Indian Roadie  Preferred Hotel with Carrier AC and huge windows in every room facing the sea. I would have woken up early, bought 2 kgs of pomfret fresh from the fishermen on the beach in the morning, got those fried in the saucepan of roadside omlette sellers without missing a glance of the process and eaten up the whole after sharing 2 - 4 pieces (maximum) with others. The car would have rested peacefully in a three side covered garage.
In the evening I would have had mishti raabri delivered at the guesthouse by the Pandas attached to Jagannath Temple 😄
In between I would have spent about 3 hours frolicking in the Bay of Bengal and simultaneously had 3 - 4 rasogollas sold by the very down to earth Odiya sweet sellers who serve those in saal leaves. The hawkers would have come to the hotel later and collected the money from my room.
Dinner would be plain fish/ chicken curry and rice in another hotel 1.5 kms away with sufficient car parking space.
Out of the 3 full days, on one day I would have driven to Konark around 12 noon via the Marine Drive, and driven back via Nimapara,  Bhubaneswar, Dhauli Temple, Pipli (after meeting some dealers whom I had appointed during my Castrol days almost 30 years ago).
Lord Jagannath will keep me blessed with no fear of contracting Coronavirus.

P.S: What I will surely not have are the fried fish sold by hawkers on the beach after sundown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment