Sunday 3 January 2021

Mumbai to South Goa - road trip by Sushil Ayarottil in end December 2020

Mumbai to South Goa - road trip by Sushil Ayarottil in end December 2020. 

Road conditions update from my recent drive from Thane-Goa-Malvan-Thane
Thane - Belgaum: NH4 (Now known as NH48) remains butter smooth throughout with all the toll booths enabled with Fastag. Did not face any issues on any toll booths with Fastag acceptance.
Belgaum - Varca (South Goa): I chose the Anmod route since I had done Chorla in 2018 and wanted to do Anmod for long time. Roads throughout are super narrow as compared to Chorla Ghats and I had a few close calls while overtaking since there hardly any scope of overtaking throughout the stretch. I found Chorla much more scenic as compared to Anmod (personal opinion though). As far as road conditions are concerned, roads are in good condition.
Varca - Chivla Beach (Malvan) : There's 4 lane work going on majority stretches till you exit Goa though I felt diversions were well managed. At places road conditions are bad. Once you exit Goa NH66 has completely transformed into a 4 lane driving bliss. I crossed one toll booth enroute which was yet to start. I took left for Chivla Beach from Oras and Chivla Beach is around 40 odd kms from this point. There are few rough patches enroute but nothing to worry about.
Chivla (Malvan) - Thane : I took the Gaganbawda route after almost 4 years and still its a pleasure to drive on this stretch all the way till Kolhapur. There a few rough patches but nothing to worry for any car. 

No comments:

Post a Comment