Friday 25 February 2022

My glossy VW Vento after a partial silicone liquid polish on 2022-02-24





My red boy with a German pedigree but born in India as a thoroughbred Indian had started rolling on the roads of Kolkata and all over India w.e.f. January 2011. Ever since it has been officially under my custody since December 2014, it has been getting a wash with a princely ₹1 sachet of Clinic or Sunsilk shampoo every 2 - 5 months. I posted about it in Indian Roadie a couple of months ago. All the physics, chemistry, biotechnology, software, hardware, literature, accountancy experts gave me gyan on pH, the damage it can cause to painted surface and what not. I chuckled. 

Unfortunately, throughout this wretched life of mine I couldn't dream of giving any of my cars luxury shampoo baths with 33M and those fanciful cosmetics. 
The only luxury cosmetics that my dad and I pampered our boys on wheels with are a very well known brand Wax Polish or a bottle of Silicone Liquid Polish. 

On Thursday, 2022-02-24 even as my boy idled for 15 mins after starting the engine inside the garage, I spontaneously decided to shine up the bonnet, the front bumper and the two front mudguards and a part of the roof of my red boy to subsequently show off  on social media. I did not wash my boy before the polishing ritual. The last time I fully polished my boy was about 18 months ago. And incidentally, I do all the pampering myself. 

For the knowledge of all pH experts, let me politely tell them that normal hair shampoos never affected the paint of any of any of our cars ever since I was a child. 
I have been using the same brand of silicone liquid polish maybe since 2001. Earlier since late 1960s, I saw my father using rubbing polish and/ or wax polish. Since mid 1980s when I started earning myself, I continued with the same practice. 

Now, what do you say about the slippery glass finish after 15 minutes of love and pampering! 

Btw, my red boy has rolled a shade more than 44500 kms till date since the past 11 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment