Thursday 19 October 2023

Pune to Jabalpur road trip in 1 day

My drive from Pune to Jabalpur. I decided to head towards West Bengal via Nagpur-Jabalpur-Varanasi. 

I was late starting from Hinjewadi, Pune. I started at 6:50am, took Nashik Phata via Pimple Saudagar, crossed moshi, chakan encountering the all the morning traffic and headed towards Sinnar..... Reached Samruddhi expressway before Sinnar at around 10:30, had breakfast at the just before the expressway entry.... After that, nothing much to say till 4:30pm, as we had only one task, just press the accelerator..... It's very difficult to hold back crossing 120kmph... Checked for fuel in the 2 HP petrol pumps after Sinnar and Shirdi only to find they have only power petrol.... I didn't want to mix the power one with my existing normal petrol and on checking my fuel meter, I was confident that it would accompany me for another 250+ km, so headed towards Nagpur without wasting any time.... Then after around 2 hours drive, got an Indian oil petrol pump before mehkar, refueled and checked the tyre pressure, took a short break of 10-15 mins and again pressed the pedal.... The expressway is definitely a state of the art work but I would say Agra Lucknow Expressway tarmac is far better than Samruddhi Expressway or Purvanchal expressway.... Exited expressway near Nagpur at around 4:30pm, took ring road and off towards Pench tiger reserve.... I had a feeling that it would be difficult to reach Jabalpur and decided to take a night halt around Khursapar region of Pench, but the road was smooth enough and reached MP border at around 6:45pm..... Took a long break of 45 mins and then decided to head towards Jabalpur.... MP Roads are smooth with occasional potholes, but those are deep enough to cause damage in my Grand i10... Maintaining 100 was easy on Nagpur Jabalpur highway owing to reduced traffic... Reached Jabalpur outskirts at around 9:40pm, checked 2-3 hotels and got a budget room at ₹1200 with AC and hot water just beside the jabalpur bypass.... Took a hot shower, had my dinner in the hotel restaurant and then called it a day.... Longest drive in a single day in my Grand, while leaving the car in the parking lot, the odometer trip was showing 1008.4km, beating my previous best of 981km in my Lucknow to Chandannagar road trip last year. 

Stayed at Sukoon Resort (9009800207), Jabalpur bypass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment