Friday 22 December 2023






A nouveau rich neighbouring couple of mine and their elder brother in Kolkata stay together in a newly rebuilt 2.5 storey house with stylish looking but extremely poorly engineered semi basement car parking for 1 car. All of them have huge attitudinal problems. They have a feeling that they are experts in every subject under the moon. While the house was being reconstructed about 6 yrs ago, I had pointed out to them about my apprehensions related to the semi basement parking space. Standing on the road, the elder brother gave me big gyan on physics about 'water finding its own level' and more irrelevant nonsense. He even went on to question me about my basic school level knowledge of physics 😠. I never fight back with a pig to avoid dirtying myself. I go out of my way to help people. However, I am not a Mahatma. I was certain that the Almighty will listen to my silent prayers and award them a lesson of their life. 

The elder brother in his mid 50s who bought a pre-owned Zen Estillo in early 2020 has aborted all efforts to learn driving after 14 months of futile trying. He parks the car at an intersection on the main road as if it's the khandaan's property. 
The younger brother in his early 40s has been driving for over 10 yrs and the wife for about 3 yrs. Even after all these years of driving, they make atleast 6 - 8 attempts to shoddily park parallel to the kerb. 

In early February 2021, the younger brother bought a fully loaded dark grey Tata Tiago petrol car with OEM alloys, rear wipers, etc after selling off his earlier Maruti Alto. 

On Tuesday, 2021-05-11 there was a heavy cloudburst/ thundershower in Kolkata between 2.15 pm and 3.15 pm. I was standing in my veranda on the 1st floor of my house enjoying the rains and the cool breeze. 

At around 3.30 pm, while it was still drizzling, I suddenly heard the harsh revving of a petrol engine car somewhere close by. And that's when I saw the neighbouring lady trying to back up the Tiago to the road from the basement on a 35° - 40° slippery incline of at least 10 feet in length. She failed in the 1st attempt, the 2nd attempt, the 3rd attempt and in the 4th failed attempt the neighbouring atmosphere was filled with thick white smoke. The Tiago slid underground after the engine died during the 4th attempt. 

I was still wondering why on earth was she trying to take the car out in the rains when my jaw dropped. The very next moment, I was aghast to see the lady walking out of the garage and up the slope with her T-shirt drenched with dirty water almost upto the level of her tummy or even higher. On a dry day, the slope starting from the tarmac on the road is clearly visible from my veranda. It had vanished, implying that the lady was trying to back up the half submerged car from a fully waterlogged garage. 

I am sure that all the seats, the car interiors, music system, critical electricals, ECU and the very engine must have suffered unprecedented damages. 

Cheers to the family for their utter stupidity and arrogance 👍 

This post should be an eye opener to all newbie roadies. Google can't teach everything. It always pays to be modest in life. 

Photos: 
- The first two photos are of the waterlogged underground garage with the Tiago inside at 4.30 pm on 2021-05-11. 
- The next two photos will give fellow roadies an idea of the impractical garage entrance slope on a bright, sunny and dry 2021-05-12 morning.  
- The 5th photo is of early February 2021 when the Tata dealer sales personnel was trying to check out the practicalities of parking with a red coloured test drive car. Note the incline of the car while driving into the garage. 

.  

* 66H 
* Irresponsible Parking 
* Insensitive Roadies
* Some Asses Own Cars 
* Some Asses Deserve Public Shaming 

No comments:

Post a Comment