Wednesday 20 December 2023

Indian Roadie member hit a callous biker, assistance provided


The unedited video shows the real time sequence of events of what happened at 11.08 am on 2023-10-15 with an Indian Roadie regular. He was on a 2200 kms drive from his workplace to his hometown for a vacation with his wife and 4 years old daughter. 

Immediately after the mishap the callous middle aged gentleman riding the bike got up all by himself and limped to the median divider. A highway patrol van which was on its regular patrolling duty arrived within the next 10 minutes. On seeing the men in uniform, the biker started feigning serious injury on his legs. 

The cops asked our fellow Indian Roadie to pullover to the roadside and stay put on the 6 lane highway or at the police station 5 kms away till medical assistance could be arranged for the biker and reports obtained which could stretch on for the next 6 odd hours or much more. 

The front left headlight and fog lamp of the car broke after the impact. A portion of the bumper cracked and had came out of its mountings. However, the car was absolutely mobile. There weren't any visible damage on the bike.  

I (Deep Banerjee, Founder, Indian Roadie and associated forums) got a SOS call from the fellow member/ follower at around 11.35 am. In less than 3 minutes I had a fair knowledge about everyone's wellbeing, the location, the damage, etc. On my instructions, our friend got me to talk to the police official manning the patrol van.
My genuine intention to get our friend out of the messy situation at the earliest and my communication prowess did the trick. The cop cowed down in less than 5 mins of telecon. He assured me that our friend and dear ones will be safe from any harm and will be free to move ahead in the shortest possible time. 

The cops sent the biker to a nearby doctor's chamber which had X-ray facilities. In another 90 minutes, the doctor himself drove the biker to the accident spot and confirmed to the cops and our friend that everything was fine although the biker wanted the doctor to mention that there was a hairline fracture somewhere on his legs.
The doctor billed our friend a sum of ₹2000 for the services rendered and drove off. The biker had to be paid ₹500 for some paracetamol tablets and painkillers which were prescribed. He too started his bike and left the spot realizing that no big amount can be squeezed out of our friend. 

Even while all the 'tamasha' was going on, I was sent the exact location via WhatsApp. I realized that the accident spot was less than 8 kms away from a resort, a listed Indian Roadie Preferred Hotel and 3 kms away from an Indian Roadie Preferred Filling Station. Even without our friend asking for it I had detailed discussions with the owner cum MD of the resort and separately with the young filling station owner. Both the well connected gentlemen confirmed that if needed our friend will be provided full assistance by them. Both confirmed that cops or local residents will NOT create any issues to make life difficult for our fellow roadie. I had even got our friend booked at the resort should the need arise. 

To wrap up the incident, the senior cop and his team wanted ₹6000 for chai-paani. They were once again reminded of my remote presence and my involvement in the case. In less than 5 minutes of haggling, their demand came down to something equivalent to begging. The cops were made aware about my initiatives, viz. Indian Roadie (a truly national forum) and associated forums. They were also made aware about my comparatively new initiative, viz. Police And Indian Roadie - Mutual Trust (PAIR-MT). 

Fortunately, the ill fated car was flaunting the Indian Roadie Stickers on that day. 

After a wee bit more than 3 hours of harrowing experience, by 2.30 pm our friend was cruising towards home which was still about 800 kms ahead. 

Friends, I want you to know that after 10+ years of good and bad experiences while slogging it out and pulling Indian Roadie to its present stature, I (Deep Banerjee) will not be the stupid Gandhi that I have been all these years. I will not melt with sudden bursts of sweet nothings. Irrespective of the hot cauldron or gory situation that you land yourself in during a short or 'long drive', don't seek (and expect) assistance from me or my initiatives if the gist of 'It Pays To Be Proactive In Indian Roadie' is still alien to you. I have literally lost count of how often I have repeated that It Pays To Be Proactive In Indian Roadie and associated forums. 

I repeat, people who are with rogues (majorly based out of WB since mid 2016) who have been earnestly wanting Indian Roadie to fall flat on its face will NOT enjoy any sympathies/ assistance from me and/or Indian Roadie and associated forums. Please don't try to teach me Gandhigiri at my expense. 

* Jai Ho Indian Roadie

No comments:

Post a Comment