Thursday 24 November 2016

Pathetic after sales service experience of Volkswagen Passat in Chennai



The after Sales service of high end VW (Volkswagen) vehicles viz. VW Passat and VW Toureg is really pathetic in terms of availability of spares and even the people who work seems to lack technical expertise in servicing these top end vehicles citing that these come as CBU and hence the spares need to come from the parent company in Germany, leave alone the cost sometimes they misdiagnose and the owner bears the brunt and I say on a average it takes 4 working days even to carry out the easiest work on these cars and SUV.

To share my story I request all in the forum to patiently read my story of disappointment.

I purchased a VW Passat 2010 in the month of September with a sense of pride and joy, but little did I know that I am going to see lots of tough time getting my after Sales services in future. As a passionate roadie I liked to take my VW Passat only on long highway trips and I was extremely happy with the performance and reliability of the car. Then to start with the problems my rear a/c vent Louvre broke and for getting it replaced after 45 days of delivery I had to wait for 90 days and end up paying 12k. Then each services done every year made my car unavailable for 6 days on average and costed nearly 22-32k depending on any wearable parts and consumables. Then as my car is on a very low mileage done, I was frustrated with the unavailable parts like even wiper blades and headlight washers pump and brake pads. Little did I bother about the cost and delay, but lastly when I left my vehicle for a job of hissing sound from the rear wheel and the scoring in the disc I personally told the person to change the brake pads and also to look into the suspension for a rattling noise, they delivered the car with the same problem persisting, then as a very loyal client I went again and left the vehicle and they carried out the job but they changed the wheel disc rotor and brake pads and all work was done and I was happy with the same, but all after 3 visits to the workshop and each costing me 30k. Today the final bill was 41k with a total mileage of 28k in the odometer.

Friends I appeal to all to share similar experience with VW and I really want to proceed with some action as I see that even if a part is fine they change the assembly in full. In this regard I think VW owners are facing real challenge.
I am going to mail the same to the parent VW company in Germany.

This is my story but I love my Passat and enjoy my drive.

(Verbatim as reported on #CarrotNStick by Dr. Sridhar Chellappan from Chennai on 2016-11-23 evening).

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent post, and I appreciate you sharing it with us. You have done an excellent job. Nowadays car maintaincence is a coolest fashionable thing. Let's cool with us.Best Doorstep Car Service in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete