Sunday 27 November 2022

My mother accidentally fell and fractured her hips on 2022-11-27




I am terribly disturbed. I might not be as prompt in managing Indian Roadie and the associated forums for the next couple of days. 

Ma accidentally fell down just outside the main gate of our house in Behala in South Kolkata on Sunday 2022-11-27 at 1 pm.  Although I was down with excruciating lower back pain since yesterday evening 18 kms away near Salt Lake Stadium, I had to rush to Behala, and that too by scooter because car is in the workshop. 
By the time I reached, my younger brother had Ma admitted to Narayan Memorial Hospital in Manton in Behala, about 1.2 kms from our house. 
X-ray has revealed that there's a hipbone fracture. 
Met the Orthopedic surgeon at 7 pm. He is expected to operate on Ma on Tuesday 2022-11-29 morning if all the preoperative test results are satisfactory. 
Ma is 83. I can only pray that she gets back on her feet at the earliest 🙏 🙏 🙏 

I have no clues about the findings in the X-ray. Attaching the images for doctors in my list of friends to tell me what exactly has happened. 

P.S: Ma had a hipbone replacement after she had slipped inside the kitchen of our house in June 2018. I have been made to understand that the fracture today is at a different place.

No comments:

Post a Comment