Wednesday 23 November 2022

My WB38A0582 has rolled on roads far and wide between 1991 and 2022




My LML Vespa 150 NV on 2 wheels only. 
Registered in July 1991 from Asansol (WB). 
My faithful vahan must have rolled 2.25+ lakh kms between July 1991 upto this day, viz. 2022-11-22. 

Fuel economy: 31 - 33 kmpl (within Kolkata city even after 31 years. 

Engine overhauling: Yes (a couple of times). 
Cluth plate replacement: Yes (a couple of times). 
Tyre replacement: Each of the tyres of the three wheels (including stepney) must have been changed 5 - 6 times. Most of the times (not always), MRF has been the tyre of my choice. 

Starting from Kolkata, my faithful has been to Bardhaman, Durgapur, Asansol, Barakar (WB), Chittaranian, Purulia, Bankura, Bishnupur, Bolpur, Suri, Rampurhat, Baharampore, Chakdaha, Ranaghat, Krishnanagar, Farakka, Malda, Arambagh, Kharagpur, Baripada (OD), Balasore, Baripada, Bhadrak, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Puri, Brahmapur (OD), Srikakulam, Vizianagram, Vizag (AP), Dhenkanal, Angul, Sambalpur, Bargarh, Bolangir (OD), Deogarh, Keonjhar, Saraipalli, Raipur (then MP, now CG), Dhanbad, Jharia, Bokaro Steel City, Dumka (then BR, now JH). I might have missed out mentioning a host of more locations. These trips on my LML Vespa were invariably solo rides undertaken mostly  between 1991 and 1996. 

All these towns are in the same place where it used to be 35 - 40 years ago. I was taught where these places are when I was in school and came to know about a lot more when I roamed around India during my years with Castrol India more than 30 years ago. 

Now you know why I don't need to stare at some moving dot or an arrow on a dumb online navigation map while driving or riding. I do stare at it if I need to move from Patparganj to Mahipalpur in Delhi or Churchgate to Oberoi Mall in Mumbai. 

Photos clicked at Madurdaha in East Kolkata on Tuesday, 2022-11-22 at around 12.30 pm.  
* My WB38A0582 
* Castrol Made Me A Roadie

No comments:

Post a Comment