Saturday 8 April 2023


There are innumerable routes throughout India which matured Indian Roadie followers like you and me should not drive on by following online navigation maps blindly. A couple of years ago at 5 am in pitch darkness, on repeated insistence by GMaps, I landed into the backyards of a Goan family with headlights and halogen fog lights switched on in full glory. There was a 5 ft wide passage next to the boundary wall and that passage was supposed to lead me to NH66 in Mapusa, Goa. The bright lights of my VW Vento pierced through the open windows of the man's house, enough to jolt him out of a peaceful sleep. Even before I could react and back off, a flood of choicest expletives were hurled at me by the man who must have had a liberal Fenny party upto the wee hours of the morning 🤭. 
The maps might take you through rural road which are not capable of single cars also. There are instances where those dumb maps have taken roadies through rocky riverbeds although a perfect bridge exists 5 - 15 kms away.

No comments:

Post a Comment