Thursday 6 April 2023

Use the 'palm facing method' to engage the right gear


I (Deep Banerjee, Founder - Indian Roadie and associated forums) learnt driving during my school years, well before I stepped into my teens. My late dad was my tutor who would always tell me that driving is an art and a science. I have lost count of the number of slaps and/or rebuttals I got from him everytime my driving was not in sync with his style of 'good' driving.  
We had a Standard Super 10 Deluxe which had floor shift gears. Mastering the art of engaging the reverse gear was a challenge. I learnt my driving in that small bean shaped beauty. 
My dad taught me to use the 'palm facing method' to engage the right gear every time to avoid causing irreversible harm to the gearbox. 
Thank you #GoMechanic for this video in April 2023 which rekindled old memories dating back to almost 49 years. 

* Driving Is An Art And Science 
* Indian Roadie Good Driving Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment