Sunday 16 October 2022

Gobinda Mandal, Biplab Das, Pritam Jana (R to L), the passive Indian roadies of Rangmahal






The extremely friendly and affable 'Three Musketeers', viz. Gobinda Mandal, Biplab Das, Pritam Jana (R to L), the super-salesmen of Rangmahal, a 100+ yrs old shop in Joramandir, Beliaghata, Kolkata 700010 from where I buy my regular supplies of bread, margarine, biscuits, chips, soaps, shampoos, toothpastes, ice creams, needles, threads, noodles, tea packets, coffee sachets, shoe lace, boot polish, pens, refills, etc, etc, etc since 1992 or maybe earlier are keen listeners of road travel stories and advices I pass on to their 'boss' during my frequent visits to their shop. With their meagre earnings as sales persons in a shop they can't afford a bike or scooter but keep asking me innocent questions which I enjoy answering to their satisfaction. I had clicked their photos on 2022-01-13 and promised to feature them in our forum. However, I had totally forgotten my promise made to them. Today on 2022-10-16, after 9 long months, while browsing through my collection of photos, I found this worthy collection. 

Even while I leave #MyWB38A0582 parked and unattended outside their shop, the boys keep an eye on my old worhorse overloaded with merchandise. 

Amitava Sadhukhan, the owner of Rangmahal is an Indian Roadie member/ follower from the initial years. About 5 years ago he bought a Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol from Ganges Ford on my advice. Prior to that he owned a Hyundai Santro for 10+ years and had barely driven 10,000 kms. His profession doesn't allow him to leave the flourishing shop and drive out too often. Till recently he wasn't too confident about long distance highway driving. However, off late Amitava's daughter who's a B.Tech student and a new driving license holder and he himself has mustered enough courage from Indian Roadie and have started heading out for long drives to Durgapur, Mukutmanipur, Puri, etc in their Ford Ecosport Titanium Petrol. 

Friends, please react and comment to boost up the morale of these three wonderful boys. If you happen to be in this part of my city, please drop in to the shop and tell the #PassiveRoadies that you saw and read about them on Indian Roadie. They will be thrilled 😊 
* Indian Roadie Little Joys

No comments:

Post a Comment