Wednesday 28 December 2022

Meeting HVK at Domjur, NH16 on 2022-12-26
















A real Bharat Jodo Abhiyaan was enacted on the highway by 3 passionate road travel and automobile lovers on Monday 2022-12-26 between 10.30 am and 11.10 am. 

MH (Kumar HV of Thane with his almost 2 decades old 6+ lakh kms done 5084 Express) - WB (yours truly, Deep Banerjee purposefully with his 31 yrs old 2.25+ lakh kms done LML Vespa 150NV) - TN (@Sabarish Rukman of Chennai with his young Tata Harrier) met on NH16 at Ankurhati, Domjur, Howrah district on the outskirts of Kolkata for lovely traditional dhaba style extra sweet milk tea, lots of photos and short chats on innumerable subjects of common interest. 

I wish if only someone would have taken a video of HVK jumping out of his Scorpio on reaching the meeting spot and the tight spontaneous embrace which lasted for nothing less than 30 seconds 😃 

Kumar HV and Sabarish were driving back solo to their respective bases after an exhaustive month long drive to the Northeast with family members. Their dear ones had flown back home from Guwahati/ Bagdogra. On Christmas Day they drove a whopping distance from Pedong (SK) to Dumka (JH). 

After checking into their hotel room in Dumka, HVK messaged me at 11.20 pm saying that he would love to meet me exclusively on 26th morning on the outskirts of Kolkata. 

I was down with fever but I was not going to miss the opportunity of meeting my friend HVK with whom I have interacted more than a hundred times since 2015 but never got to meet him. I popped down two paracetamol tablets within this morning. This morning, within 45 minutes after he messaged me at 7.20 am that he had crossed Asansol, I left home to meet him some 28 odd kms from my home purposefully in my grand old scooter to make the meeting even more dramatic 😊 

We bid reluctant good bye at 11.09 am to be precise. They drove together on NH16 for another 90 kms upto Kharagpur where they too had to part ways. HVK drove towards his day's destination, viz. Sambalpur. Sabrish kept driving on NH16 towards Chennai. 

Latest update: I made confirmed arrangements for Sabrish's stay at Haritha Beach Resort in Baruva, AP where he checked in around 9.45 pm. HVK checked in at OTDC Panthaniwas, Sambalpur, OD at around 8.45 pm. 

P.S: For the next 2 days, my friend HVK can cherish the cups of fresh Mishti Doi which I luckily could pick up for him early in the morning from a dairy products distributor near my place of stay 😋 
* Indian Roadie GTG

No comments:

Post a Comment