Tuesday 5 November 2019

Harassment of Suresh Joseph at Navalur Toll Plaza, near Chennai on 2019-11-04


Many reports and videos have emanated in social media over the years of ill treatment meted out to toll booth operators.

I (Suresh Joseph), had the opposite experience when I was abused by two young toll booth operators at the Navallur toll booth this afternoon (Monday, 2019-11-04) as I was returning from office.

As I didn't have change I handed over Rs. 2000 for a one way toll of Rs. 27. The toll operator asked me for change to which I said that I had only Rs. 20 with me. The operator asked where he could go for change if I gave him the higher denomination. To this I replied that the denomination is legal tender. He flew into a rage and told his colleagues to go and collect as many coins as possible to return change to me in coins. I said I would wait for the change. All he could muster was Rs. 73 in coins and the rest was given in notes. When I was counting the coins the two operators ganged up and started violently gesticulating and abusing in Tamil, behaving like goons rather than as the service providers they are. I am attaching a photo of the two for authorities to take action and warn others of the duo.

.
Narrated in the first person from Chennai by senior corporate professional and IndianRoadie follower, Suresh Joseph on 2019-11-04.
.
.
Nitin Gadkari#MORTH  ..... Please look into the matter. We are all excited about a new and better India. We roadies look forward to a much more pleasant experience while we are there on the road. 
.
.
.
# Chennai Traffic Police
# Navalur Toll Plaza
# Commissioner Of Police Chennai
# Chennai City Traffic Police


No comments:

Post a Comment