Saturday 15 July 2023

Mallickbazar automobile scrap spare parts market with Nikhilesh Roy on 2022-11-20















It had been my desire to compile a photoblog of the most famous automobile scrap spare market in Mallickbazar, Kolkata for quite some time. On Sunday, 2022-11-20 at around 10 am I got a call from Indian Roadie Nikhilesh Roy stating that he was on his way to Mallickbazar to scout for an Outer Rear View Mirror for his Honda Brio. I agreed to join him at the bustling scrap spare parts hub at the earliest. 
When I reached Mallickbazar at 10.45 am, he was already haggling for an ORVM at a road side makeshift stall which had over 50 ORVMs of almost all the popular cars. The one that we chose had a barely visible small harmless crack on the outer casing. 
Mobile mechanics with their tools are available at the hub in plentiful. In about 45 minutes the ORVM was fitted and the total expense was about ₹600 only. 
While the existing ORVM was removed and the the better one fitted, I went abou happily clicking quite a few photos which should give fellow roadies from outside Kolkata an idea of market. 
Photoblogging over, Nikhilesh and I drove a further 2 kms for malai toast and yummy sweets (including 'rabdi') to Sree Sree Gopal Mistanna Bhandar (sweets shop) on SN Banerjee Road, adjacent to Calcutta Boys School. We bid goodbye after some more scouting around at the car seat cover market on Dharamtalla Street, besides Kamalalaya Centre. 
I was on my way back home barely 6 kms away when I was pleasantly surprised to get a call from Indian Roadie Himanish Gupta of Ghatshila, near Jamshedpur. He was in Kolkata and expressed desire to meet me by 2 pm somewhere near Sinthee police station in North Kolkata. More about that in another blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment