Thursday 15 June 2023

Strictly avoid driving on flowing or stagnant water


On 2005-10-20, I too had committed a similar (if not worse) act of utter stupidity while driving my black Maruti Esteem LXi from Kolkata to Puri with my wife, daughter (8), nephew (7), father and mother on board. I was on a work cum pleasure trip with a tight schedule. 

The only difference in what you see in the attached video in some foreign land vis-a-vis mine in Odisha was that I was egged on to land into the situation by other roadies (unknown to me) and scores of bystanders. 

Thinking of the harrowing moments of that day while sitting at home 18 years later in June 2023 still gives me goosebumps. Everyday, as they say is a learning process. It's unbelievable that we were still alive once the episode ended after about 30 minutes. 

I will share the details with everyone sometimes soon. 
* SeenItAll_DoneItAll_ExperiencedItAll 
* Indian Roadie Safe Driving Tips 
* Indian Roadie Recollections 

When on the road, always remain High On Cognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment