Sunday 16 January 2022

Engine noise of my VW Vento 1.6 TDi (2011) on 2022-01-15 after injectors were serviced



VW Vento TDi 1.6 is known to have a noisy engine. 
My Vento is of January 2011 and has clocked 44502 kms. On 2021-10-29, I got all the 4 injectors serviced and the sensors replaced at a very competent Indian Roadie Preferred Workshop in Kolkata. In May 2015, I had 2 injectors serviced. 
The attached video recorded on 2022-01-15 is to give you an idea of how smooth the engine has become and also the great extent to which the noise and vibration has reduced after servicing the injectors. 

P.S: It would be worthwhile to mention that by the time the idea of recording the videos dawned into me, the engine had already idled for exactly 10 minutes after a cold start. Moments before I started recording the videos, the radiator fan had started. The engine RPM had increased to 1000 from the usual 750. If I would have started the recording process even 1 minute earlier, the decibel would have been a few notches lesser! 
Volkswagen Brand Admirers (and more) are initiatives by Indian Roadie, a pan-India forum for matured and responsible roadies.

No comments:

Post a Comment