Saturday 12 August 2023

My 1st day in Castrol on 1985-08-12, exactly 38 years ago


On this day exactly 38 years ago, viz. 12th August 1985 (it's 12th August 2023 today), I had climbed upto the 3rd floor in a wood, brass and iron caged lift and walked in with pride through the huge and dark polished teak door into the portals of INDROL Lubricants and Specialities Limited (the erstwhile name of Castrol India Ltd those days) at 14 India Exchange Place, Kolkata 700001 as an Executive Trainee, almost fresh out of B-school. 

Ever since that day Castrol runs through my blood. It's almost like I dream, drink, eat, breathe, smell, bathe and of course worship Castrol everyday, although I had called it quits after a shade lesser than 7 years in January 1992. Without elaborating further, I can only say that the umbilical cord with Castrol India Ltd has remained firmly attached till this day and has only grown stronger with every passing year. Hopefully, I will be able to hold on to the attachment till the day I breathe my last. 

Castrol made me a truly confident man. 
Castrol made me a real roadie. 
I love Castrol from the core of my heart ❤. 

P.S: On this day I can't stop thanking the three stalwarts who mentored me, had total confidence in me, gave me absolute liberty to perform and treated me with so much of love, warmth and affection. Thank you Late Dr Bijoy Kumar Barman Sir (ex- MD cum CEO), Dilip Guha Sir (ex- Director Marketing) Sir, Ramesh Chandra Mahajan Sir (ex- GM East) 🙏. 
Sirs, wherever you are, please keep showering me your affection. 
* Indrol 
* Castrol 
* Castrol India Ltd 
* Castrol India 
* Indrol Lubricants And Specialities Ltd 
* Castrol Made Me A Roadie 
* Indian Roadie Recollections

No comments:

Post a Comment